Our application process typically takes anywhere from 2-4 days depending on the property. Some factors that could affect your application timeline include, but are not limited to:
- How new a home is: New Alcove homes typically take one to three days longer to process approvals and send leases out than established Alcove homes. If you are looking for a quicker move in, we suggest you apply to an Alcove home that is already established! All move in date are found online and are done by the bedroom!
- Pet Approvals: If you are coming with a pet, please make sure you have all your paperwork ready! In order to process a pet application, please send a picture of your pet and a their vet records to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alcove cannot send out leases without this required information.
- Emotional Support Animals (ESA): If you are coming with an ESA please provide your ESA medical statement, vet records, and a picture of your ESA to email@example.com. We will send all the necessary paperwork to the property manager. You do not have to fill in a pet application. Please see ESA and Housemates for more information on ESA approval and current housemates.
- Roommate Feedback: Existing roommates typically get 24-48 hrs to give the Alcove operations team constructive feedback on any new applicant. This is why it's so important to have a great bio!
- Pending Applications: Some homes are just hot! If an Alcove representative lets you know that there is a pending application in front of you no worries. We will keep your application on file in our que, but suggest that you apply to a few other rooms, as to not lose out on other great roommate opportunities! Ask the Alcove representative to assist you in finding another great home within our community.
Feel free to ask your Alcove representative assisting you at anytime on updates on your application status. Please note that applications are processed on a first come, first serve basis, Monday - Friday from 9AM - 5PM.